St Luke's was consecrated on the 18th of May 1947.
St Luke’s Church is located at the corner of Pride and Price Streets, Torquay, one block from the beachfront. It is a traditional timber and gabled iron roof building.
The sanctuary and chancel are carpeted and there is a pipe organ, light- filled spacious Narthex, Vestry and church office. There is a large hall, with good kitchen facilities for catering.
The church building is surrounded by garden (including a Memorial Garden), which is maintained by volunteers from the congregation.